- Request an inactive practitioner form from the Topeka office or copy the application from our web site at Request Of Exemption For Inactive Practitioner.
- Fill out the Inactive Practitioner Request form and return it to Topeka office.
- Submit payment for any fees that have not been paid.
NOTE: Putting your license in an inactive practitioner (IP) status does not eliminate or reduce the renewal fees but simply drops the continuing education requirements.RESTRICTIONS AS AN INACTIVE PRACTITIONER:
As an inactive practitioner you are unable to use your license(s) on an active basis, therefore prohibiting any embalming or funeral directing.
1. Request disability or illness form from the Topeka office or copy the application from our
web site at EXEMPTIONS FOR DISABILITY OR ILLNESS
2. Fill out the form and return it to the Topeka office.
3. Request must be signed by a Physician.
4. Upon approval, the board may waive the continuing education requirements until fit to work again.
RESTRICTIONS FOR DISABILITY OR ILLNESS EXEMPTIONS: Exemptions for Disability or Illness will prohibit the use of all licenses (same as the inactive practitioner).
Maximum time to be on disability or illness status--24 months. After 24 months, you automatically become an inactive practitioner.